Can you change html to jpg ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Nick
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Yes , only if you take a screen shot thus forming the jpg out of the HTML in the same way

that one forms any image file

• Andy T
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I can easily see how that is done in steps; just that I am not aware someone wrote an app for it.

FYI the two-steps are printing and GIMP.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Apparently, yes.

Type "HTML to jpg" in the Search box at the top of this page then hit Search Web.

• peter
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

by screenshotting it!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Chris
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Please describe in more details what you're asking; in theory, a rendered HTML document can be saved as JPEG (that's simply a screenshot of a webpage), so the answer is trivially "yes", but I suspect this isn't what you're asking.

Edit: if you're talking about the file extension, no, that's not how it works. The file extensions describes the file's format; changing the extension will not magically convert the file. All you have now is a file with the wrong extension which can no longer be opened by double-clicking it (because the wrong program will be used to try and open the file).

• 5 months ago

No.

HTML is a plain text "markup" code.

A .jpg is a compressed binary image file.

(Changing just the file extension - .jpg, .html, .exe, .txt or whatever does not change the type of the actual file content - it just means it cannot work properly any more as programs no longer know how to understand the content).

If you are trying to get an image out of a web page, try right-clicking on the image and then "open in new tab" or "Save image".

Or do a screen grab of the web page - press the "prtscn" key then open an image editor (Windows Paint will do), create a new image then go to edit->paste to insert the grabbed screenshot.

Then save the new file as whatever you want.

• GTB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

jpg is an image (picture) format; html is a programming language; you do not convert one to the other

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.