nt
Lv 6
nt asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 5 months ago

Is Stranger Things worth watching for a 56 year old man? Says 98 percent match to me but looks like a kids show.?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

I am a middle aged man and I watched the first season. I enjoyed it because I like the actress Wynona Ryder

• 5 months ago

Why on earth would you think that? People I know in their 40’s watch it.

• 5 months ago

If you enjoyed the 80's and want some nostalgia, yes.

It has the same feel of a lot of 80's movies like "The Goonies" and "Stand by Me."

The show is also an homage to 80's horror films. The horror is rather light compared to many films from then, honestly. I would say the content, sexual references and language put it as too mature for a kids show, at least under 13. But whether you'll enjoy it is totally up to you.

• LilyRT
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I'm a 40 something and I love it. it's an homage to 80s popcorn flicks. give it a try.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

The main characters are teens and tweens, but I don't think it's a kids show. It's an homage to the 1980s and especially to the kinds of adventure/scifi movies they had back then. A big part of the appeal is apparently 80s nostalgia. As a 50 something man you're probably right in the age range for this to appeal to you, being a little bit older than the characters were.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I'm a 51 year old woman and I love it. My parents are 85 and 82 and are also big fans. If you're someone who enjoys sci fi, horror or fantasy, you'll probably enjoy it.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I haven't seen it, but I hear that some people watch it for nostalgia because of the time period in which the show is set.

• 5 months ago

The main characters are kids but it's not FOR kids. It's too dark and violent. Season 2 and 3 are better

• 5 months ago

my dads 50 and loves it. its set in the 80s and is nostalgic for him. i wouldnt call it a pg kids show, its good. try one episode

• Petter
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It's worth watching. Fantasy/thriller, not a kids show.

• nt
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Thanks

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.