I Need Help With My PC?

So my friend recently gave me his old ASUS tower so I can play games and stream, but before I took it home, he invited me to stay at his place for a 5 days to test it out. And it was working beyond perfect! But now I'm at home with the tower, and everytime I push the power button, for some reason, nothing pops up on any monitor or tv I use, both my keyboard and mouses LED lights keep flashing on and off, and the tower light around the power button is on. And I don't understand what the problem is..I've been working on switching monitors and unplugging the tower to see if it'll work for the past 2-3 hours..but it hasn't worked..if anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

P.S. I have more details that may help with understanding the problem at hand, I'm just to frustrated to type it out right now, let me know if you want to hear more.

Favorite Answer

Make sure you are plugging the monitor in to the GPU card and not a socket on the motherboard itself.

eg. Not in the same connector panel as the USBs and audio connections - any video connector in that area is for when it's using a low-end CPU with built in graphics.

• if may be the ram inside of the computer get on the inside of the computer make sure every thing is ok

If the tower has a graphics card, make sure you are connecting the monitor to that card and not the onboard connection as the graphics card will override that connection and nothing will display if your are connected to it. Also, check that the correct port is being used and that the cable does not have any bent pins (VGA or DVI) or dirt or dust inside the connector (HDMI)

it sounds like you should a) reseat the GPU card b) reseat the RAM, c) check the cpu heatsink/fan hsa not fallen out. Be certain you have plugged in the external peripherals into the SAME SOCKETS as when it was working using the SAME CONNECTION cables.

• keerok

Turn off the computer, unplug. Open the CPU case and push the graphics card down into the socket and wiggle it a little from side to side to make sure it makes contact (just a tad bit so as not to break the socket). Make sure all the wire connectors fit snugly to wherever they are plugged into - power cables, hard disk cables, etc. Try turning on the computer. IF it still does not work, call your friend.

• Dze

hard to say .. something may have come loose inside on transport, i'd try reseating every connector and card .. if the cmos battery is dead it may need a new one of those and a cmos reset also ..