Best smartphone for seniors/first phone?

• Edna

No one (regardless of his age) NEEDS a Smart Phone. A plain old cell phone gets the job done.

• Emdog

Smartphones lead to brain rot. I prefer to rot my brain without outside gadgets

Some seniors can be overwhelmed by 'smart phones'. Be sure that that they understand what they are up against before getting one for them.

I have an iPhone, it's my third one. For me it's very easy to use because I've had them awhile. My neighbor who is younger than me is having trouble and is never able to use it for even simple things.

Although I am still in my 2O's I've got the

mind of someone 5× my age & my Motorola

has worked wonders for me in my life!

• Sam

If it's your first phone,

why start using one now.

Just do what you've been doing.

or get a rotary dial landline.

You want to go from zero to a hundred miles an hour on a learners permit.

That would not be advisable.

• A C

To Sam: Or Bananagrams ( :

But I agree. I've been using my old flip phone for years. I can text with it and even send a picture but it's got no bells or whistles - at least not that I'm aware of. Haven't looked at the manual in years.

I've heard the Iphone is much user friendly & easier to use. That's what I have, and it's easy to use.

• Sam

you'd rather the asker pay over $500 for an Iphone that does the same thing as a $50 Android. The asker might not even like a smartphone then it would be a big waste.

• Snid

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7. I've had a cell phone since 2005 but this is my first Smartphone. I love it. My daughter says this is easier to use than an iPhone and she switched to one, too.