Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 5 months ago

My debit card 💳 was declined?

I’ve checked my account. And I got money in my savings /checking account but recently it’s been getting declined and don’t know if my card is locked or hacked please help me out

• zipper

You go to the Bank and ask them what is going on. It could be the computer read bar is bad and you need a new card. The only way you will know is ask at your bank or credit union: who ever the card account is with!

You probably used the card at a place where they get an authorization to cover a certain amount. If you don't spend the whole amount of the authorization, the amount is "reserved" is considered spent by the bank and is not available, even the you had no intention of spending that much. Authorizations can remain in place up to two weeks. It is best to use where the amount of the transaction where the authorization is for the exact amount you are spending. Places like gas stations, restaurants, and hotels will get an authorization for what they expect you to spend, not the amount you actually spend.

A debit card is not connected to savings, it is connected to checking.

If you did not have enough in checking the card would be declined.

Get a proper Credit Card.

A Debit Card should never be used for purchases, if the Debit Card becomes compromised your entire linked account(s) can be empties with no recourse to you.

A proper credit card is limited to $50.00.

Call your bank, or check your card billing on line.

• The Mikel

Anon is right. A stolen Debit Card linked account will be drained before the Notice could be given. While the Federal Law limits credit card to a mere $50.00 (unless fraud) after the fact.

• Murzy

It is inked to your bank. Contact your bank.

And what did the bank say when you called them?

You can have a savings account and a checking account, both accessible with the same card. There is NO SUCH THING as a savings/checking account.

When used anywhere other than an ATM, the card accesses ONLY one of the accounts, usually the checking account.

If you CALL the 24/7 customer service number PRINTED on the back of the card, they can actually check your account records and tell you why the card was declined.