just bought a sideboard and it stinks of cat pee. How can i get rid of it?

Short quick answer, vinegar. When my cat peed on a towel that was laying in the floor, I put a half cup of vinegar in the washing machine with the regular wash. No smell left at all. This works on teenage boy sweaty clothes as well. Mix up half water and half vinegar in a squirt bottle and spritz it generously over the area that smells and it should work instantly.

Source(s): Experience.

What I did was bleach it and put it outside for a week the smell fade away a lot

• In

Put it out by the curb and someone will take it. Alternately if you don't want to move it again then just set fire to your place. I guarantee it will not smell of cat pee anymore.

bleach ing it is the way to clean it. Or wipe down with skunk weed.At least the "cat" is gone.

• David

Throw it out in the yard.

• C

I've only found two things that work but either will ruin the sideboard unless you're planning to go for a shabby chic, upcycled look. 1) Sand it and apply two part wood bleach, then refinish it. Two part wood bleach is not regular bleach and isn't to be messed about with in a casual way. 2) The other is to sand it, apply a enzymatic pet pee cleaner, let it dry, sand it down smooth again and apply something like killz as a basecoat before painting it properly and doing any shabby chic distressing you care to, but for the love of all that is holy don't breach the killz.

• drip

Cat urine is so pungent and potent it is next to impossible to get rid of the smell.

My sick cat urinated on some of my clothes. Washed them almost immaterial. Never could get the smell out. Ended up throwing every thing out

• PAMELA

You don't, that smell can never be erased, throw it out.

just wash it off as rnuch as you can

You don't. Take it back to wherever you bought it from or take it to the dump. How did you not notice the smell when you were looking at it?