I have my us passport, but not my ID, will I be able to fly?

My ID hasn't arrive yet from the DMV and my flight from San Francisco to Guadalajara is almost there

Favorite Answer

Your passport is your ID, the best ID you can possibly have for international travel. You don't need a driver's license unless you intend to drive at your destination.

• Rico

You only need a passport as identification when travelling internationally

A valid passport is BETTER than a driver's license. Nothing to worry about .

• Redstone

Thank you for the sage advice.

A passport is better than an ID

• Betty

Yes...a passport acts as ID...

You passport is the ultimate in identification - you won't need anything else

• Daniel

You DO have an ID--it's called your passport. It's listed right on the TSA website as an acceptable ID.

Your passport, has your photo, your name and your age.

Your passport is suitable ID to get on the plane.

Your passport is not an entry ticket to any country. IT IS IDENTIFICATION

Your DMV stuff is not enough for flight to another country. International Flights require you to have a passport.

Mexican Officials in Guadalajara will decide if you can enter Mexico. The process is a little more than waving your passport at them. Most pass after Answering a few questions.

A passport IS identification. It's the best and most secure identification you can have, in fact, and the only one most of us can use to fly internationally. No one in security is going to care or ask what ID you have from the DMV if you have a passport. They'd only want to see a driver's licence or state ID if you had lost your passport and they used one of those along with other stuff to establish who you are.

• .

A valid passport is sufficient ID to fly