Can you turn a leased car back into the dealership after a certain amount of time?

I financed a car, by cosigning with a family member, however due to income not being sufficient enough, I've only managed to barley get by paying for this vehicle. I have had it for about three months now, but it's coming clear that I am struggling to make the money for it, and I know that obviously there... show more I financed a car, by cosigning with a family member, however due to income not being sufficient enough, I've only managed to barley get by paying for this vehicle. I have had it for about three months now, but it's coming clear that I am struggling to make the money for it, and I know that obviously there is a contract that reads information out, but I need to know from prior experience the consequences for turning a financed car back in. I have paid on time every month so far, however, I just don't feel that I am prepared to start making these payments for the next several years. Any advice on what I can do to save myself the trouble? Or am I completely going to throw myself into the hole by doing this?