can you add anti freeze in your car if you dont use your ac?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You sure can.

But a vehicle's cooling system has no direct relation to a vehicle's A/C system.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Sure; but do not over do it, keep the balance around 50/50 half anti freeze half water. I use distilled water my self. And why you not using your AC? In this hot weather if you have working AC use IT!

• 5 months ago

You had better stay out from under the hood!

Antifreeze goes into the radiator to cool the motor and has nothing to do with the AC system.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

i would ask sorneone thats a rnechanic this question. They need a laugh and head shake.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • don r
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Of course you can since one has nothing to do with the other.

• 5 months ago

Antifreeze/coolant have NOTHING to do with the A/C.

• 5 months ago

Uh, what does one have to do with the other?!

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

troll . . . or women's soccer player?

• Alex
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The cooling system of the engine has nothing to do with the AC. You NEED to keep a certain level of radiator fluid all the time especially in the summer when it's hotter than heck out there.

The fact that it's anti-freeze is to keep it from freezing solid and damaging the engine during the winter.

So yes...you can add anti-freeze...just wait until the car's engine has cooled off before you do.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

What does adding antifreeze to your car and not using AC have to do with each other? Nothing. But you do need antifreeze in you cooling system so if low I'd suggest adding some.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.