What do you think of countries where homosexuality is punishable by death?

• no
    Favorite Answer

Death is a literal too extreme. I understand banishing them to another country or putting them in jail but death is too far. Even killers don't get death sentences.

• @DeLayne Um...Where in those three sentences exactly made her come across as a bigot or supporting that action at all? She just simply expressed how it's too extreme of a punishment to deal with homosexuality or even by a homophobe's standard which is quite telling.

• I think killing someone is too far. But I still think people should be free to hate or love whoever they want though. I'm gay, and I don't think someone should be forced to pretend to like me.

I love all countries!

I think that those would be good countries to deport Rachel Maddow to, for starters.

Those are holy nations where everyone is happy and equal.

• DeLayne

Everybody is happy???

their leaders should be executed.

• Fred

Most anti gay countries are countries where religion dominates life there. Generally the death penalty is still used as punishments in the old religious texts from 2,000 tears ago demand death as the penalty for sinners. Likely back then death was a common punishment for wrong doers as there were few prisons and generally they were only meant to hold people until it had been decided to execute them. The idea of imprisoning people for crime for several years or longer as their punishment is something that has only been around for a few hundred years.

These countries seem to feel their religious texts written back 2,000 years ago are more important than medical science which has proven sexuality is determined by your inherited chromosomes, and gay people do not choose to be gay but rather are forced by their brain to be homosexual. I would imagine in ancient times gay men were seen as not producing children to strengthen society's ability to be numerous and strong to repel invaders, and even to invade other nations. Fathering children was likely seen as important back in times where the world's population was in the millions, not billions.

• Chris6 months agoReport

Gay men are not sterile and have been producing offspring for far more than 2000 years.

That’s what happens when government has too much power.

I think it’s too extreme. Who really cares how others live their lives?

they got it right