I have a Honey Bee Hive that after I remove the full supper of honey the Bees have all most stopped working what could be wrong?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • L.N.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Make sure Bernie Sanders hasn't moved into the hive stirring up worker discontent.

• 6 months ago

You can't remove ALL the honey, they need that as food, 30% is left in the hive.

• royboy6 months agoReport

The reason you put a supper on a hive is to harvest the honey you never take the honey out
      of the brood box

• 6 months ago

You might be starving your bees, honey is their food too.

You can glean some excess honey, but leave enough for the bees.

You may have to feed them home made nectar, or possible your hive will collapse. Read up on bee keopeping sites.

People they have a brood box full of honey you never take that get real you must not know nothing about bees

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Not enough flowers around I guess .

I have three other hives that are very strong

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Before you removed the super, you had to smoke the bees. This makes them eat a lot of honey and they become lethargic allowing you to open the hive without being attacked. Once the honey wears off, they'll resume work. It can take a few days.

It has been over 30 Days the other three hives are strong

• audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They're depressed and suicidal. You ruined their little bee lives you cruel person.

• 6 months ago

You have destroyed their purpose in life.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

They have formed a Bee Trade Union and withdrawn their labour. What did you expect?

• Norman
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

There's not much point working if you are going to steal the fruits of their labour.

What kind of answer is this this is what you do with bees they produce honey

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.