So in the past month I’ve drank vodka twice, and vodka has always been my liquor of choice, the day after I had tingling in my face, why?

Withdrawal... a day after your body craves more. Every person is slightly different... their tolerance... And how their body sends signals to drink.

what makes you think the 2 are related?

Probably because you've used the word “drank” instead of “drunk”.

Alcohol is a poison. It's not going to kill you unless you drink way too much of it.

But you cannot swallow a poison and not expect SOME kind of negative reaction. You won't be aware of the brain cells being killed, because it is a little at a time. Same thing with your liver cells. But your stomach and other body parts sometimes warn you that you are poisoning yourself .. such as the tingling in your face .. nerve damage. That will probably go away, as long as you don't drink too much or too often. Every time it comes back, there will be a little more nerve damage .. and one day it will be irreversible.