? asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 5 months ago

If you were writing a book sceneo with someone doing suicide by alcohol in one evening, what drink would you include?

Only answer if you have drinking experience or knowledge

Sucking down a bottle of Everclear i.e. alcohol poisoning at 190 proof

Any spirit. As long as a spirit is full strength (35% ABV or above to legally be called a spirit) one is as good as another to kill yourself.

• Any American beer, drinking that crapp is tantamount to suicide.

A very expensive and aged scotch. Then follow with a hand full of pills

You mean get alcohol poisoning and they choke on their own vomit? That's not suicide by booze.

It should be 100-proof anything.

Drunk very quickly.

But usually the body rejects it - vomiting it out - so it is very difficult to kill yourself with alcohol. So .. not a very believable plot.

FAR more effective if they take barbiturates with the alcohol. Even then, they might just vomit it up.

Consider shooting up an overdose of heroin.

• GB

I have read about a man who died because he lit a cigarette while drinking meths.

• Marduk

Are they a heavy drinker or a light drinker. If they are a heavy drinker it may take more. 5% alcohol in your body is fatal in most people, but some have been found alive with 6%. One guy was found with 7%, but he was dead, a TRAIN HIT HIM! Who knows if he would have lived without the train meeting. So the average person has 13 pints of blood, so I've heard. .05 x 208 = 10.4 oz of ethanol. Most hard booze is 80 proof or 40% alcohol. 1 quart or 1 liter would be 12.8 oz. But there are a lot of problems here. If they are a light drinker they will pass out before getting there. If they glug the full quart they will puke it out. Of course Fraternities have killed a lot of pledges this way, so I guess it is very feasible.

• abdul

In my own experience, 2 of my cousins were found dead sitting in chairs with a nearly empty 1/2 gallon bottle of vodka on the table. This was 2 separate events in 2 seperate homes at 2 separate times. So, I think I would include vodka in the story. They both died due to some sort of hemorrhage.

• abdul

Reread my answer GU. It says nothing about the same time. Both of you 2 commentators don't really seem to be very good at reading . I clearly said separate events at separate times.