Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 5 months ago

What are some funny tip jar ideas?

I work in an ice cream store, and our tip jar is boring and just says “Tips! Thank you!”. my team and i are looking to spice it up a bit with a funny pun or saying. what are the best ones you can think of?

I've always liked two different tip jars, let people do some sort of voting with their money (also has shown to increase tipping btw).

Do something from Pop Culture or whatever? Favorite sport, hero vs villain. In some states, which team is more popular...that sort of stuff.

• denise

'Thankyou' for the Sprinkles'.

'Thanks',[Ripples of Applause!]

'For our 'Sundaes' off'.

'Scoops for the Troops'.

• In

A tip is a gratuity for giving good service above and beyond the norm and is not appropriate at an ice cream stand. The staff at a sit-down restaurant are paid an hourly wage far below minimum wage with the expectation that tips will make up for the difference, and staff that give good service get better tips than ones who give poor service. Your job consists of scooping ice cream into a cone and taking money. No extra service is expected or provided. You are being paid at least minimum wage and do not deserve a tip for performing the basic function of your job. You certainly don't tip the cashier at a fast food restaurant, so how is this different?

Make sure it says TIPS at the top whatever funny thing you do underneath because people are stupid and won't understand it if it's just too funny unfortunately.

I think TIPS and then underneath the milkshake thing could be funny.

• Erik

"Help, we're starving"

Tips: Because you haven't paid enough already

My milkshake brings all their tips to the yard and I'm like "Just put 'em in the jar."

put a porno picture of one of your best looking females that work there on the jar