Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsChemistry · 7 months ago

Lets say hypothetically I killed someone, would it be better to bury them or dissolve them in acid? Time is of the essence...?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Best would be feeding the body to some animals (pigs, for example).

But if those two options are the only ones available to you, and assuming you have enough (and the right kind of) acid (battery acid won't cut it), acid would get rid of the body faster and more thoroughly.

• ...Show all comments
    • Markus Imhof
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I was thinking about concentrated H2SO4 or smoking HNO3 - neither would be easy to get. Base wouldn't dissolve the bones.

• 6 months ago

you are a psycopathic

• Dr W
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Neither is a good choice. Cremation at > 600°C followed by pulverizing the remaining bone into dust and spreading it into say the pacific ocean is the only really good way to completely dispose of a body. Pigs will eat everything, then poop it out. Burial leaves a body underground. It could certainly be found at a later date. "Dissolution in acid? try lye instead. There actually is a process for dissolve the flesh off the bones called alkaline hydrolysis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkaline_hydrolysis_...

it takes about a day at a temp near the boiling point of the concentrated lye solution to dissolve the flesh. Then you have a drum full of liquid goo at dangerously high pH to deal with. You can bet any bit of solution remaining can be analyzed forensically. And then you have the bones to deal with.

• 7 months ago

Better would be medium rare "with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Well, acid is better for destroying the evidence, but getting access to large quantities of acid isn't easy, so burial is usually the go to, simply because its easy and affordable.

• 7 months ago

I'd go with the acid.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.