My friend keeps asking me buy her stuff and i cant afford it?

She asks me buy her stuff that she doesnt need and is too old for like Strawberry Shortcake or Bratz DVDs or Funko Pop figurines. I live off SSI and it's not enough to live alone on, so important stuff comes first, like groceries and meds. She gets mad and upset when i tell i cant. I've asked her only once to get me something and she blew up. What do i do? Block her from my life entirely? Because she will not stop. A 31 year old that already has thoudands of dvds, doesnt need more, specially toddler ones. I am beyond fed up!

You need to put a stop to it or cut her loose. sounds like she is using you

• extra5 months agoReport

It sounds like she is using you, As hard as it might be you should drop her bc she is toxic. Tell her why you can’t be her friend anymore and move on. She doesn’t deserve you!

You claim to be 29 yet say you have a friend that likes Strawberry Shortcake and Bratz - really? By your other questions and how pathetic and dramatic you are I think in reality you are TWELVE if even that. Stop lying.

GET AN EFFING JOB and stop mooching off your family.

Just stop it ASAP.

Dump her on the freeway or the local tip she is a waste of time she is robbing you blind

• GB

Change your phone and number. Tell her you can't afford to be her friend. Get a restraining order if necessary.

She’s using you, dump her, find better friends to hang out with.

You know what I tell people who ask me, for money?

I am broke, or I don't have money.

Today I was in bidding war, but I lost. I want to buy another computer, but I don't want invest too much money in it. I know what kind of computer that I want, so I am just going to save my money, for it, and then I will go back to the bidding war.

There is also other stuff I want to buy too.

I think buying groceries, and medicine is a priority. I am also going to try to bid, for clothes. I haven't done this yet. Clothes is something else you need as well.

A home is something else that I am saving up, for.

Lastly I would like to explain a little about bidding wars. Whoever has the most amount of money can buy whatever he, or she bids, for. Maybe you could win a bidding war, and buy something, for a quarter, or maybe half of what it's actually worth. Perhaps it could be less than a quarter, so I think it's possible to save money if you enter a bidding war, but if you don't know anything about what you are bidding, for then you could lose money too. Another issue to consider is how much money you have. You can't bid with what you don't have, so whatever you bid, for should be within your budget.

• mokrie

You really need someone else to tell you what to do? Someone could ask me to buy them stuff and one no would be all that is needed. After that I wouldn't even answer them. Why do you even THINK about her requests??? If I ask you to buy me a car would you sell everything you own and do it? Wake up.

• Bill

she is not a friend but a parasite living off your good will

Time to move her on and call her exactly what she is --wasted oxygen

• Sandy

"Sorry, I can't afford that"

Repeat as necessary.

If she gets mad and upset, then she's not a "friend".