Kush asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 5 months ago

Now that Barry made a landing in Louisiana , is it too early for Hurricane season or no?

Tropical storm Barry is drenching the Gulf Coast

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30, and it is not terribly uncommon for tropical storms to develop outside that window. Barry is only the second named storm of the Atlantic season.

The storm you really wanna watch out for is Imelda. I've seen "Coco." I do not want anything to do with a hurricane named for her mamá.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Too early for who ?

• Hurricane season in the Atlantic (and Gulf of Mexico) is June 1 to November 30. As we're in the third week of July, t's not to early for a hurricane.

• 5 months ago

Hurricane season starts June 1. It's early fir a hurricane,, but the Hurricanes did not stop November 30 in 2005 an continued I to January 2006. At least the Mississippi River did not go over the levees in Louisiana.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • TQ
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Every year ... the Atlantic hurricane season runs between 01-JUN and 30-NOV ... so no; it isn't too early for Hurricane (sic) season.

• 5 months ago

this is the start of the hurricane season, by definition.

Barry is a hurricane now.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.