Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 5 months ago

Doctor cant prescribe controlled substances?

I scheduled an apt with a new doctor who i was told doesnt prescribe controlled substances because his DEA license is pulled. Is this something i should be concerned about? Can he still prescribe medication as long as its not a controlled substance?

• Eva

You need to find out why his license was pulled. It's usually for one of two reasons - over prescribing of medications, or writing prescriptions for himself. He can still prescribe other medications, but if his license was suspended for writing prescriptions for himself, I'd find another doctor. Google him and it will probably come up.

• Rick B

That is absolutely something you should be concerned with. Find a different Doctor.

Yes, he can prescribe non controlled medication, but I wouldn't bother going to a doctor who can't entirely fulfil his job. That's like buying a burger at one place and having to go to another place for the fries.

rnaybe you should see another doctor if you need a controlled substance

• Carson

Do some searches on the internet for him. I'm not tech literate and I startled he11 out of my VA Dr. with stuff I found out. I also called a friend that...Its good to know ppl.

Some have a bump. Some didnt renew correctly, didnt jump thru correct hoops. Some had their numbers stolen. Some hot exactly what they deserve.

They see you naked, shove fingers in uncomfortable places..

When you're alone, I'd ask. All they can do is say MYOB or tell you their version.

Never ever let a Dr intimidate you.

He can, but I would certainly stay away from a Doctor as such. He had his DEA license removed for a reason. More than likely he was over prescribing some highly addictive drugs, which HAS lead to the Opioid/Heroin epidemic just about world wide, in which people are overdosing and dying because of Doctors like him. Many Doctors have lost their medical license to practice medicine at all because of the problems they have caused which had lead people to turn to street drugs after they get addicted. In fact, some of those same Doctors are now in jail or prison for all the harm they've caused.

If you know what's good for you, find a different Doctor. This one sure as heck would raise red flags for me.

yes he can, most probably. Antibiotics, blood pressure meds, etc are not controled substances.

BUT I personally wouldn't want any doctor who couldn't prescribe safely and had his DEA license removed.