How do I enlarge a hole in glass, the hole needs to open a little more for use.?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Which hole in which glass?

What size is the present hole?

What is the intended size hole?

How thick is the glass?

Is it "tempered" glass??

You need to explain.

• 5 months ago

I have never done that but drill bits frequently catch when enlarging a hole which will not go well in glass.

• 5 months ago

For sure definitely most certainly can

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Just buy another piece of glass with the hole to the correct size or even larger(for you can always make it smaller by putting in a plastic plug and drilling out the plug to the exact size.

It will be cheaper and faster that way.

Had you explained the exact use, we could have come up with a workable solution. Sometimes just replace the glass with clear plexiglass will do the trick.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

this is very difficult. a glass cutter is usually used to make holes in ordinary glass. enlarging an existing hole is possible, but tricky. if it is only a small amount, you can try using a grinidng bit in a dremel tool -- but be prepared to break the glass if you are not very careful

• 5 months ago

A diamond rotary sanding disk on a Dremel tool.

• Fred
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

That would take a diamond abrasive tool and some water. Use a discarded spay bottle and spray the glass as you grind the hole larger. The water will disperse the heat produced by grinding and keep the glass from thermally chipping or cracking.

• art
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

you cant have sex with a pane of glass

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You need a new masonry bit of the correct size. Run it at a very slow speed with light pressure using water as a lubricant and dust suppressant.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

YOU need to learn what masonry is. It IS NOT glass.

• 5 months ago

You need a special type of drill bit made to drill into ceramics and glass. Even with that, it's dicey. I think a Dremel tool with a grindstone would work better.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.