My question is below?

My dad applied for a new passport for me about 6 1/2 weeks ago if not more. It’s been processing this whole time and it hasn’t came in yet or been done and i had a flight today but had to cancel it and have been nothing but stressed. The people we called said they couldn’t get ahold of the government / passport... show more My dad applied for a new passport for me about 6 1/2 weeks ago if not more. It’s been processing this whole time and it hasn’t came in yet or been done and i had a flight today but had to cancel it and have been nothing but stressed. The people we called said they couldn’t get ahold of the government / passport agency in New Orleans wherever they make them, and i guess they’re closed this weekend and yesterday due to flooding and storm. They tried to help us (customer service) and emailed them, we paid for expedited and said it was emergency also more than 10 days ago, but nothing yet. They told us (me and my dad because my mom and brother left today) to call back Monday when they’re open again. Since we’ve already paid and been waiting and everything do you think once they’re open again and we call they will send us the passport ASAP/ within a few days? I mean it’s been over a month and a half and we paid extra and all and even as an emergency. I need to get a new ticket now, and i’m worried my passport won’t come soon, if i knew that it would i’d be 10x less stressed out right now. Please anything would help for reassurance or at least your honest opinion. Thanks:/
3 answers 3