My question is below?

My dad applied for a new passport for me about 6 1/2 weeks ago if not more. It’s been processing this whole time and it hasn’t came in yet or been done and i had a flight today but had to cancel it and have been nothing but stressed. The people we called said they couldn’t get ahold of the government / passport agency in New Orleans wherever they make them, and i guess they’re closed this weekend and yesterday due to flooding and storm. They tried to help us (customer service) and emailed them, we paid for expedited and said it was emergency also more than 10 days ago, but nothing yet. They told us (me and my dad because my mom and brother left today) to call back Monday when they’re open again. Since we’ve already paid and been waiting and everything do you think once they’re open again and we call they will send us the passport ASAP/ within a few days? I mean it’s been over a month and a half and we paid extra and all and even as an emergency. I need to get a new ticket now, and i’m worried my passport won’t come soon, if i knew that it would i’d be 10x less stressed out right now. Please anything would help for reassurance or at least your honest opinion. Thanks:/

• Ludwig

You and other people in this situation have nobody to blame but yourselves, it always takes months to get a passport, there are many security checks involved and a huge queue.

• drip

not Sure what phone numbers you are using

1 877 487-2778 or 1 888 874-7793.

Normal passport takes 6-8 weeks to get in. If you paid extra to expedite it, you can request a refund for that fee. Since that money was never taken from your bank account perhaps the problem is it was never expedited at all.

The government loves red tape. There may be nothing you can or they can do at this point, but wait for the processing to be completed.

I don't understand why your dad is doing this through 'some people' rather than directly with the USA Passport office or whatever it's called.

Did you get an official acknowledgment from the Passport Office after your application was sent in? You say "It's been processing" but who actually TOLD you so?

I'm just a bit worried that your dad, maybe trying to save money and/or time, may have mistakenly paid people who in fact have no official standing and who may (I repeat, MAY) just be ripping him off and have no intention of getting you a passport at all.

I hope it does turn out that there's a good, simple explanation for the delay, but it does sound a little dodgy.

Please post again when you hear back from these people on Monday.

• bluebellbkk

The longer you don't reply, the more I fear you may be the victims of a scam.