Cory
Lv 5
Cory asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

If ICE asked, could you provide on the spot proof that you were born here?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

I carry everything in my wallet except birth certificate

• 5 months ago

YES, Drivers License, SSC card which can be verified, Military retired ID card, Medicare card which number can be verified, Birth Certificate, My Home depot Credit card, My Bank Debt Card, My MEGA HAt, MY MEGA T_SHIRT, MY I SUPPORT TRUMP BUMPER STICKER.

• RICK
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Only the birth certificate proves citizenship, none of the others do

• helene
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Sure. I can provide a legal copy of my birth certificate, which I had to order from the State Health Dept. in order to get a valid U.S. passport. Which I also have.

• helene
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I don't have to, because ICE doesn't go around asking people to prove they were born here. But, if the bullshit premise of the question was real, you bet your *** I'd have the proof in my purse.

• Eva
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Yes, but you are not required to show it to them or even talk to them unless they have a warrant.

• RICK
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

In thee south western states border patrol check points are common, if you got one brown person in the car everyone will be asked

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Yes...I have a passport and a military ID card...both of which identify me as a US citizen. And in California, we are issued REAL driver's license IDs that also can be used for citizenship ID. Don't have one of those because I have the other two methods; so I didn't need a third one.

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Each year about 8,000 non-citizens join the U.S. military. ... roughly 4 percent of those enlisted in active-duty military service are non-citizens. Generally, if a person is not a U.S. citizen, he needs to be a green card holder, i.e., a lawful permanent resident, to join the military.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes, ask me about American culture, ask me about American sports, look up on line and see where I placed in the state championship. You will see my name there.

It would be easy to prove I am an American.

And I speak English with a Jersey accent.

• Ragnarok
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Did you scord four touchdowns in a High School football game?

• TomB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yep....and show them my Military ID and Enhanced Driver's License (Real ID compliant) too.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No need. As soon as I start speaking Dutch, they can hear that I'm native to my province

• 5 months ago

Yes. Birth certificate and passport in my file drawer. However, they don't have the right to just walk up without probable cause and demand 'papers please'. But I COULD.

• RICK
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Never went through a border patrol checkpoint have you?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I was not born "here".

• Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

No, being an immigrant is disgusting and despicable. I reside in my nation of birth as should everyone else.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.