Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens Β· 5 months ago

Where do people usually move to when they retire?

36 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Florida or somewhere in that area

• 5 months ago

Florida, Arizona, California, Texas, anywhere warm or anywhere that has a beach.

• 5 months ago

Most people in my area, unless they are fairly wealthy, stay in their homes as long as they possibly can. Most retirement homes and communities cost more than the average person has.

• Some stary where they are at, if they have money they move to a city/town or a sate that is suitable for them. Not every retirees move.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

To area that’s has the best income and property taxes.

Some move near their grown children/grandchildren

Some more to warmer area

Some move to where homes are lower priced

Some stay where they are and downsize.

A few get adventurous and get a RV and travel.

• 5 months ago

Try going for better life.

• 5 months ago

Most move to places with warm climates & low taxes like Florida.

• 5 months ago

no one retires anymore.. we are all baggers at giant eagle

• 5 months ago

The snowbirds typically end up in low cost, warm areas of the geographical area they live in. In the US, that means Florida for easterners and the dry deserts like Arizona for westerners for the most part. In Europe that means the Mediterranean areas like Sicily, Majorca, and Crete; and the French and Italian rivieras.

There is an entire industry built up that caters to retired folks. Retirement communities, for example, can be found all over the civilized world. These often have central show pieces like golf courses, swimming pools, and tennis courts that the retired folks can enjoy (usually for a fee). And such communities typically offer special events (for a fee) like going to baseball games, shopping at the local mall, enjoying movie night, and so on.

Source(s): Been retired for 18 years now. But more than that, my mum in law lived in a retirement community and many of my friends currently live in them.
  • 5 months ago

To the bedroom. The only reason I will move out of my house in California is if the laws become too oppressive. Popular retirement states are Arizona, Texas and Florida.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.