My glasses got broken at work - do I have to pay for the replacement myself?

Just before I went on study leave about 10 weeks ago the floppy door of the chiller flicked the glasses off my face and the glasses broke. I made do with my space pair of glasses until now as the prescription is not tooo bad and I was stressed and didn’t have time to get them fixed as lots of exams. Well I am... show more Just before I went on study leave about 10 weeks ago the floppy door of the chiller flicked the glasses off my face and the glasses broke.
I made do with my space pair of glasses until now as the prescription is not tooo bad and I was stressed and didn’t have time to get them fixed as lots of exams.
Well I am going on holiday next week and so decided I should get my new pair of glasses as I also don’t want the bad prescription to damage my eyes. Two days ago I spent just over £100 on a new pair of glasses (more expensive due to thinning required for my prescription).
I didn’t really think about it at the time but maybe the supermarket (uk) that I work for should be paying for this?
Or is it my duty to pay for them?
Thanks for any help.