Best and cheap CD players?

I know that CDs are kind of becoming obsolete, but I like collecting them because they re fairly inexpensive (compared to records and digital releases). The problem is, I need something to play it on. I m having a hard time finding a boombox/cd player for my bedroom to listen to them on. It doesn t need to be portable but I don t want a big clunky one. Just an inexpensive one to sit on top of my dresser or something.

The only type of "boombox" CD player that would be really good

would be one of the oldest, and many of those won't work well any more.

Also, a large percentage of them would not play "burned" discs.

A much better option is a used stereo receiver,

a pair of good used speakers, and a modern CD or DVD player.

All DVD and BD players are Required by licensing agreements to also play CDs,

and many of the newer ones are Very good at it.

• Tony B

The “best” CD player, one that would take advantage of the better sound quality, be reliable etc. would be a separate unit that connects to an amp and speakers.

If you just want a cheap portable all in one unit there are plenty available on Amazon -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=portable+cd+player&ad...

A boombox style CD player really can't be described as best. CDs are still the best, most high fidelity format available, no matter what any misinformed hipster might say. The best ones are stand alone units that need to be plugged into some kind of amplifier. I personally prefer the players made bt Technics with MASH or California Audio Labs. They can be had for cheap on eBay or Facebook Marketplace because people stupidly think they are obsolete. If you don't want to go the full stereo system route, most of them have headphone jacks and with a good set of headphones (not Beats, Bose or any other kid crap-brands, the good brands are Fostex, AKG, Sennheiser, Beyer Dynamics) they will blow you away with the quality of the sound.