Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

My sexual assaultor die today, do you think I should go to the funeral?

The thing is he is considered "family" since he was related by blood to me. My parents say that I should go since other family members are going to be there and if I dont go it would look "bad". His family doesnt know what he did to me, and it was like 5 years ago. But it still is something that I'm recovering from. If I do go, what should I do. Thank You!

it would be a service and his body is going to be displayed in a casket.

If I go what kind of thoughts should I be thinking? to heal myself.

It depends how well you know him or her

Don't go..................

don’t go. think about it. this funeral is to respect him and the life he had that has now ended. You most likely don’t have respect for him, rightfully so. You need to come to peace with his death on your own.

Peter Gore Seer,

I Would Dealy Love To Go To A Witches Funeral Who Raped And Robbed Me, So I Could Relieve My Self,

Be honest with your parents! Tell them what happened & you don't think it's appropriate to show RESPECT to someone who violated you! Refuse to go! Who gives a damn what other people think! If your parents want to go -they can tell everyone you are sick! Which is partially true! I'd feel sick if I was supposed to show respect to a molester!! Good luck to you & prayers.PS-As a Christian & a concerned adult I should mention that it is important to find a way to forgive the person. Ask God to help you do this & you might consider seeing a therapist to work through your feelings of trust, anger etc..You may need a lot of time & therapy & prayers until you feel you can let go of the anger & pain & hate what they did to you but don't hate the person.

• Tim5 months agoReport

Why would you go to your assaulters funeral that’s something only weird people do

Yes so can spit on his casket, then go drop a huge corny dump on his grave!

• Lita

Don't go out of a sense of "family" obligation. It doesn't matter if those around you think it looks bad. They weren't the ones he hurt. He hurt you. You are the only one capable of deciding how you proceed not them.

I've been raped and molested by members of my family. When the first one passed I had no choice in going because I was a child and too young to be allowed to be home alone for an extended period of time. The next time one died, I was an adult and made it clear I was unable to attend.

Don't go because you will dislike yourself for participating in the lie of respect. Let your parents make lame excuses as to your absence. If they don't know why, tell them why. Why should the deceased get a free pass for the damage he has done?

Of course you’re still recovering! He doesn’t deserve ONE SINGLE THING from you. If it were me I’d drop a bouquet of dead roses in the casket, say “Good riddance, rapist”, and walk right out.

Forget what ANYone else thinks — do what’s best for you.

thats up to you but i probably wouldnt bother going