Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 5 months ago

Is Spanish hard to learn?

Of the five I speak at the tourist level, Spanish was the easiest to learn. [See source.]

Source(s): At the tourist level (i.e., to get around as a tourist) I speak and read: French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Russian. Far from fluent. Closest to fluent was Italian as I lived in Italy for a year.

Most people usually think it's easy but it depends on your native language. You are having higher changes to find spanish easy if you are a speaker of a romance language (originated from latin language) or an English speaker.

It has been about 58 years since I started learning Spanish.Never mind 600 hours.I use it every day but I will never be good enough.It is plenty difficult.

• Ala

I found it to be pretty easy.

• Don Verto

I am 80.I use Spanish every day as my 3d. language.It is difficult but you can learn some in a short time.

• .

If you are a native English speaker. no: it has the same alphabet and many words are smilar in English to Spanish, In the end, it all depends how smart you are.

• Zirp

Depends on what you compare it to. For the AVERAGE native speaker of English, it's one of the easy ones - meaning you can learn it in about 600 hours of class. Chinese or Arabic will take 2200.

the only language with over a million users that's significantly easier than Spanish is Esperanto.

Be aware that YOUR brain might not be average. Spanish may be hard for YOU. In that case there are many other languages that are better for you

Not really....,,,,,,

No, it's not too hard.

Not at all, in Mexico I saw little kids speaking it fluently

No you can achieve anything you put your mind to keep trying you will eventually get it