Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 year ago

Can you fry fish cake in lard?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

Before oil came out they would have been cooked in lard. Before oil came out the fish/chip shops used lard. ;-)

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

You could but it won't be as good

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Yeah but it would nasty tasting

• 1 year ago

You can do whatever you want.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

I bet they were cooked in BACON grease originally. Refined oil, that includes lard, would have come later.

I can easily see how frying fish cakes in bacon grease would have been a camping way to make them. My Grandma would have done them that way, she used bacon grease for lots of stuff (lived to be 98!)

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Yes, its what we used to fry in before all the oils were available that we have today.

• olivia
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

Make sure they are good and cold. This will also stop them collapsing. 8 To cook heat up the butter and oil in a large shallow frying pan – having a mix of butter and oil will stop the butter burning. Carefully place each cake in the pan and fry over a medium heat for 3 minutes on each side

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Well, you CAN, but corn oil would be better.

• 1 year ago

Yes, and it is the best way too.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Yes but it's not the ideal method as lard leads to heart attacks. Olive oil is the best for frying anything.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.