How can I afford to live on my own?

So I live with roomates now, I hate it. I really really would like to have my own place. I’m 21 right now, I work as a server and the money is decent. I probably make around $500-$550 a week. I have $7,000 saved up right now. I know some people will say “just save up then you can get your own place” but what I... show more So I live with roomates now, I hate it. I really really would like to have my own place. I’m 21 right now, I work as a server and the money is decent. I probably make around $500-$550 a week. I have $7,000 saved up right now.
I know some people will say “just save up then you can get your own place” but what I don’t understand is that yes, I can save up, but then when I get my own place, I’d have to dip into my savings and how is that smart?
I guess I just don’t understand how people get their own first place without draining themselves from their money.
How did you get your own first place and did you continue to save money?