Is Game of Thrones as good as people say it is or is it a lot pf hype?

Anytime I hear people get over excited about talking about something I always just get the feeling it's not as good as they think it is

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

It's not hype. The show really is that good. Except for the final two seasons, where the whole thing goes right off the rails. Those first six seasons, though...

• ?
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

The parts are greater than the sum. I enjoyed it, but never watched night time soaps like Dallas. In a way it seems like a soap with great production values, sex, gore, bits of magic

• 7 months ago

Don't know. And not only because I didn't watch it. One person might love while another person hates it. There are movies that are almost universally loved, which I can't stand. And there are movies that I liked but other people hate.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I don't think so but--it does have really good production values and prestige acting so it LOOKS very high caliber. The problem is the writing, and has always been the writing.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

The books were excellent, and the show was very good, I enjoyed it enormously. You need to watch it for yourself if you dont take stick in other peoples opinions, but it was watched by millions worldwide

• abdul
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yup, it's a pretty good show. The books are better of course, and you should consider reading them.

• God
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I have not seen it either. Someone whose opinion I really trust binge watched it up to the end. He thought it was fantastic so I guess I would have to think it's good.

• James
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

yes, it is that good

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.