Why weren't there ever any newspapers devoted solely to science?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • patty
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

there is a magazine New Scientist

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

There are currently and had been magazines for years. Newspapers sometimes have articles that covers science and technology but the entire newspaper has never been soely science and I highly doubt that would happen because it wouldn't draw a large enough crowd since there is still a widespread of religion in the world, and not enough audience for the topic.

• 5 months ago

There is no daily break through in science. Hence, there is no need to have newspaper. However, there are many science magazine, e.g. Scientific American

https://www.scientificamerican.com/

• Huh?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Because not enough happens in science from day to day to make a daily science-only newspaper viable. There are plenty of science-oriented magazines if you want to keep up with what's happening in the world of science.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Joe
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

There are millions of journals, websites and magazines devoted only to science. I'm sure if you looked hard enough you would find some newspaper. How hard did you look before making that statement. I bet not too hard at all.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Nobody wants to read them,a couple of years ago someone published a newspaper only printing good news, it lasted a month.

• Infinity
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

I'd like to read mostly good news. I'd like to read science news even more. In a way, science news would be almost exclusively good news.

• 5 months ago

Because that was put out in magazine format.

• 5 months ago

Newspapers are printed daily, and there is just not enough new information to cover that. Back when Newspapers mattered they had a weekly science section

• Ted K
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

...and 2) they decline to hire journalists who have the right combination of scientific understanding and writing ability to convey new developments to the public in an understandable way.

• 5 months ago

because academic news publications are called "journals"...and they are normally produced on a monthly or quarterly basis because the sciences don't lend themselves to daily reporting...

• 5 months ago

Dunno. But there is the Scientific American, which is a really excellent monthly magazine devoted to science. And the articles are written so that none-scientists can understand the gist and the scientists can review the science with precision.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.