Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 5 months ago

Has anyone had a bad teacher?

Sure. And bad bosses. You'll have them, too. Learning how to deal with a bad teacher is the best way to learn how to deal with the bad bosses you'll have in the future.

There are two general approaches- give up because you don't like the person, give up your job or fail at school, and blame it on bad teaching/bad management.

OR figure out a way to survive- study on your own with internet resources, do your best and outlast the incompetent teacher/boss. That's what I've done. At least 3 incompetent bosses who were fired before I was.

• Big Mouth

But you were still fired though? Lol. That means they thought you were a bad boss too.

• donnie

I have had a few teachers who did not work so well with me. But not a bad one.

i think everyone had one at some point

spanish teacher in college ( state institution),,knew all & every point of grammar,syntax,,written,,something about lit,but spoke like a first term

guera student in her accent.

another, a gayboy french teacher/ballet dancer who bullied an oddly dressed girl,,made up always like a kewpie doll,, the girl froze like a scared rabbit,, answered with a stutter, he ought to have been knocked out,,,dips like these ( both are 6 ft under now) are protected by unions.

who just froze in fear when answering in class

• F

yes lot's. I went to a very good school but I reckon 20% of the teachers were useless and completely unsuited to teaching. I hate to think what they were like in the worst schools.

• Moya

Yep

Back when i went to school

Oh yes. My Middle School Latin teacher. But the good news is that half way through the term, she left for medical reasons. And the substitute teacher was excellent. In fact a few years later, while I was in HS, she became the school system's Superintendent.

• oldprof

Big: Yeah, she was preggie; back in my day, teachers did not teach the moment the baby bump showed up. So as kids we were told it was for "medical reasons."

I have had lots of bad teachers during my life

I imagine most people have had their share of good and bad teachers.

• Yes

Yeah, Dr. Roger Cavallo PhD Suny Poly Utica, Ny

Yea Mrs. California was the worst!