Question about soundbars?

I'm just about to buy a Sony Bravia 55 inch 4K TV but have seen a really nice-looking Panasonic 3.1 soundbar that I wanted to get to go with it. Does it matter that it's a different brand? Or is it preferable to get a soundbar that is the same brand as your TV?

Doesn't matter about differences in brand, as long as they've got the same connectors + they both get good reviews in consumer test magazines and on the websites of the retailers flogging them.

As long as you are certain it will wire up, there shouldn't be a problem. A TVs output ports are meant to be generic, largely - that's the point of them. Your part is to close your eyes and listen closely to your options. These things are about what you hear, not what you see, even if your choice comes to something you feel is the wrong color, it's usually nothing a can of spray paint and a deft hand cant fix

• Lance

The brand does not matter what does matter is the type of connections it has and whether or not those same connection are available on the TV your trying to connect it to. i.e. things like HDMI, ARC, optical etc...

Connect according to the Owner's Manuals for the equipment.

. I have to answer a few questions before I can ask one

No. The brand doesn't matter. The TV doesn't know what brand it is hooking up to particularly when you use an HTIB connector. Brands also do not matter when using the older RCA jacks.