Japan packing?

Hi so pretty much I'm going to Japan in August for close to 3 weeks and was wondering how much I should pack. I'm planning to bring a backpack and a big suitcase and maybe a duffel bag inside it. Would that be enough? I'm planning to bring back lots of candy so that's what the duffel bag is for.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

The size and volume of your packing is totally irrelevant. What you should take is only what you'll NEED, and nobody needs a total change of clothing every single day for 3 weeks.

• 8 months ago

Take a weeks worth of clothing. There are coin operated laundromats there and it is quite nice to wait while your washing is doing and watch the world go by. The less you take, the more room you will have in your bag to bring back souvenirs. Look out for the 100 Yen shops - you can get some good stuff there really cheaply. Also take time out to visit Tokyu Hands - Great store which sells almost everything except clothes. Great for browsing.

• 8 months ago

Why do you start with "Hi so pretty much"? Just say "I'm going to Japan and.....".

Taking a duffle bag for candy? Idiotic. Buy a small bag when you're there.

Backpack and a big suitcase? Choose one of them. It's 3 weeks, not 3 months.

I travelled round Australia and New Zealand for a year with a backpack.

• 8 months ago

Honey, I traveled around Japan for 3 weeks with one, carry-on sized suitcase- and I was making professional presentations, so needed suit jackets, etc. You're way overpacking. It will be warm- some shorts, a few pairs of jeans or long pants, a few shirts or tops, sandals that you can walk a lot in, something you can sleep in, some underwear. Keep in mind that if you try to check two bags coming back, the airline is going to charge you. The last time I looked into that, it was going to cost me $100. Japanese candy is not worth that! You can get it at any international market in the US.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.