Pay after I've quit my job?

I started a new job a few weeks ago and ended up quitting last Saturday. The pay date for that employer was the 30th of each month. They paid me for the 2 weeks I worked and I worked another week before quitting at the end of that week. So, they owe me a weeks pay. I understand I have to wait until they pay... show more I started a new job a few weeks ago and ended up quitting last Saturday.

The pay date for that employer was the 30th of each month. They paid me for the 2 weeks I worked and I worked another week before quitting at the end of that week.

So, they owe me a weeks pay. I understand I have to wait until they pay everyone on the usual date, which will be the 30th of July now.

I didn't sign any contract but just filled out the new starter forms and the HMRC form so I am "On the books".

Could they turn around and not pay me and just say I worked 2 weeks and they paid me for it? The only proof I've got on the day I quit was an email I sent saying I have resigned with immediate effect.

Thanks in advance.