Pay after I've quit my job?

I started a new job a few weeks ago and ended up quitting last Saturday.

The pay date for that employer was the 30th of each month. They paid me for the 2 weeks I worked and I worked another week before quitting at the end of that week.

So, they owe me a weeks pay. I understand I have to wait until they pay everyone on the usual date, which will be the 30th of July now.

I didn't sign any contract but just filled out the new starter forms and the HMRC form so I am "On the books".

Could they turn around and not pay me and just say I worked 2 weeks and they paid me for it? The only proof I've got on the day I quit was an email I sent saying I have resigned with immediate effect.

Thanks in advance.

They will pay you....

In most states - the employer has 72-hours to provide a last pay check for you.

Of course they can do that but it is very unlikely that they will. What makes you distrust them so?

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • Maxi

They will pay you on the next pay day, stop looking for "just in case" problems

• Judy

When you get your final check in the US depends on your state. Most are the normai payday. And non-US places have their own laws. But you shouldn't have trouble getting paid - good luck.

they should pay you when they start paying the other people

Nobody would do that.

• Tavy

I suppose they could but you will have to wait and see.

UK