Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 5 months ago

Should the touring the France cycle race be?

available to anyone to ride in. Its on normal open roads. I see they allow motorbikes to compete. I had ridden a bike before. Should I be allowed to ride in a stage If I choose.

• David

The TdF ROUTE is (mostly) open to anyone to ride. Only not on race day.

A lot of it is nicely signposted too.

And they publish the route for all the stages quite some time before the race.

So go bring your bike and go there, the week before or the week after and ride as many stages as you wish.

For extra points, use Strava or other fitness app to log and compare your times against the pros. Particularly for the mountain stages, this can be a humbling experience

Yes, I also think that Touring the France Cycle will be interesting.

It appears English may not be your native language. To put David's and Mtrlpqbiker's answers together means you may ride a stage either several days before or a few days after the race but not during the race.

Source(s): Motorized bicycle owner and builder.

Congratulations! Here's your 'Troll Award'.

If there is an actual question in that collection of words, I would love to hear it

EDIT: NOT available for anyone to ride in. Motorbikes are NOT competing, they are there to help the cyclists and to provide television coverage. NOBODY outside the professional teams in the race is allowed to participate. If you were to try, the pros in the race would push you off the road and you would be arrested by police for impeding the race

"I had ridden a bike before" That is in no way a qualification for someone to ride with professional riders in the Tour de France

What's your question?

The 2019 Tour de France should be interesting.