Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 7 months ago

would a voluntary confession be enough evidence to proceed without the victims testimony in a sexual assault case?

For conviction

Favorite Answer

Enough evidence to proceed with what? Arresting someone? Filling charges? Conviction? You didn't say.

Confession doesn't automatically lead to anything. If anywhere along the way the police, prosecutor, judge, etc. feels the confession isn't accurate, it can throw a wrench in things. In some states for some crimes, confession alone isn't enough for a conviction. Sometimes there is other evidence of the crime in which case the victim's testimony may not be necessary.

Without the victim's testimony...absolutely. Without some other evidence though...they wouldn't even proceed to trial.

• nt

Probably. Ask the prosecutor.

When my mom caught me masturbating red handed aka Rosy Palmer

I denied it and requested a trails by jury . I already took the fifth - Word