Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 5 months ago

True/false: women are less fertile if she mostly eats junk food and rarely eats healthy food?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

False unless they are very overweight which can affect ovulation

• Snoopy
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

It is obviously true. Weight and smoking or stressful lifestyles have a huge impact on reproductive health, particularly stress.

• GB
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

If you are relying on a diet of junk food as birth control, it only works if combined with being celibate. Eating healthy food is more likely to result in a healthy baby, though.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

FALSE. If it were true, there would be a hell of a lot less kids on welfare. The majority of these cheese balls you see on welfare are all a few digits shy of having their own zip codes, and they've popped out a half dozen kids easy, and have no problem keepin em comin. Ever get behind them in the grocery line? Have you ever seen one item of food on the convener belt that was healthy?

• Jill
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

That's more about improper or no birth control.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

If they overeat they are more likely to have a boy and if they under eat they are more likely to have a girl says one study.

• Tyler
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

True, but less fertile does not mean infertile, and it only has an indirect effect. A high junk food diet will not lead to a decrease in fertility but it is likely to lead to a decrease in health, which does correlate with a decrease in fertility. The decrease would be quite small in otherwise "healthy" individuals, but it could compound with other fertility issues to become more significant.

• gg5 months agoReport

so i don't have to eat broccoli?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

FALSE

I know from experience that women with the worst eating habits can become pregnant. (not personal experience - but some people I know.)

• Jill
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

That's probably more about lack of proper birth control .

• LizB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes, and same thing with men.

• gg5 months agoReport

stop making fun of me you fatphobic; for shame

• 5 months ago

false - people in the 3rd world countries who hardly eat anything and who are malnourished still fall pregnant. Over weight people who have a very unhealthy diet still fall pregnant

• Pippin
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

But they may still be 'less fertile.' Less fertile doesn't mean sterile. Severely malnourished women often stop menstruating.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

True. It is the same for men's fertility.

• Jill
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I'm not fat shaming. Not everyone who 'eats mostly junk food' is fat. That's YOUR perception.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.