Is it worth applying for a Mensa membership?

I recently got my IQ tested along with my husband by a professional. Our results were 150 and 138 on the stanford binet scale. Is it worth applying for a Mensa membership, despite having stable jobs and adequate qualifications?

Yes, you might even be accepted without taking any additional tests if your administering psychologist is recognized and licensed. It may be a good idea to join since you will meet and network with people who could be good friends or business associates.

• John P

I cannot get the logic of "applying for MENSA 'despite' stable jobs" - I would question how far up the ladder of good English usage you are! That membership is for personal satisfaction. It MIGHT help some people to a better job.

to become a member you need IQ=148. as 'is it worth it', well As I only have an IQ of 138 (std), I never joined. However, as I had a cuz in it, I did get to all the parties... met four GFs there and my first wife. (and every pint was fun)

• Brian

Not really, unless it is something you Really want to do.

• Anna D

Shouldn't two geniuses be able to figure this out without seeking advice from anonymous 14 year olds on the internet?

• drip

How much does it cost to apply?

• Nyda5 months agoReport

Since we already have an official recognized result, it will cost $45 for the each application.