Is it worth applying for a Mensa membership?

I recently got my IQ tested along with my husband by a professional. Our results were 150 and 138 on the stanford binet scale. Is it worth applying for a Mensa membership, despite having stable jobs and adequate qualifications?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Yes, you might even be accepted without taking any additional tests if your administering psychologist is recognized and licensed. It may be a good idea to join since you will meet and network with people who could be good friends or business associates.

• John P
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I cannot get the logic of "applying for MENSA 'despite' stable jobs" - I would question how far up the ladder of good English usage you are! That membership is for personal satisfaction. It MIGHT help some people to a better job.

• 5 months ago

to become a member you need IQ=148. as 'is it worth it', well As I only have an IQ of 138 (std), I never joined. However, as I had a cuz in it, I did get to all the parties... met four GFs there and my first wife. (and every pint was fun)

• Brian
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Not really, unless it is something you Really want to do.

• Anna D
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Shouldn't two geniuses be able to figure this out without seeking advice from anonymous 14 year olds on the internet?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

How much does it cost to apply?

• Nyda5 months agoReport

Since we already have an official recognized result, it will cost $45 for the each application.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.