Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 2 years ago

Should I choose acting or photography at uni?

I like acting more but photography seems a safer option and i am not sure

I agree that photography's definitely the safer bet. Sometimes, you've gotta go with what your head's saying, rather than what your heart's saying in this life, sadly. There are a lot more photography jobs out there than what there are, acting jobs, at the end of the day. Think about it like that, my friend.

You like acting more? Do acting.

• Mark

Combine them. Become a set stills photographer.

Go with what you love. If you love them both equal, go with what you're best at. Simple. eh ?

• Cogito

Neither would lead to a career.

If you're in the UK, uni isn't good enough to get into acting as a professional - it has to be a top drama school.

And photography is best learned by getting into a business as an apprentice.

Honestly, those institutions let anybody in, don't they?!

Either one will get you a leg up in either the custodial or food service industries.

Photography is bland and won't get you anywhere professionally. This is why you start private businesses with photography.