Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 4 months ago

How is Yahoo different from Quora?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Both Quora and Yahoo Answers operate on the basis of a single question and a number of direct answers. As such, there's not much scope for ongoing discussion between the asker and the responders over necessary additional details. It is a community for two way communication.

Yes, Yahoo is different from Quora.

Here are the main points:

1. Yahoo has a point system and Quora does not have a point system.

2. Quora allows the link on keywords but Yahoo only allows in the text but URL will accept after crossing the levels.

3. Quora has quality answers compare to the Yahoo Answers.

• Marvin
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Quora is overrun with "Christian wannabes" that make false witness (reports) against anyone who they disagree with politically. It is very easy to get banned for saying the world is not flat, the Earth is not covered with a dome, you have no right to force your religion on other people, and things like that.

• 4 months ago

Quora makes it very very harder to post and censor more

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Its Different in a lot of Ways

Yahoo has a Point System Quora is not

Quora is Managed Better and Runs a lot more Smooth

Yahoo has a lot of Bugs and Glitch's that just Sit there and a lot of them Never get Fixed

Yahoo has a lot of Trolls on here Quora has a lot Less Trolls

Quite a Few Differences

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Andrew
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The users on Quora are generally more well-informed, articulate and polite than those that use this site. The responses to questions are generally of a higher calibre on Quora as well. There are fewer stupid questions on Quora and fewer trolls because the site is actually administered effectively and people who break the rules are silenced and banned from posting, something that rarely happens here. There is no way to post anonymously on Quora, so people cannot hide the way they do here. The fact that people are generally more knowledgeable and considerate on Quora - askers and respondents alike, is a draw for a lot of people, but the questions and answers tend to be very dry. Another plus is that Quora is a site where people are expected and required to follow rules. And there are consequences for failing to do so. Yahoo! Answers is infested with trolls, they run rampant, many operate multiple accounts, there's very little policing and a fair percentage of longtime users have left.

• 4 months ago

People give longer answers on Quora. Other than that, they are very similar.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yahoo doesn't shadow-ban (or not as much as Quora), and they don't delete you just because someone's report is "My feelings were hurt by this comment!" That actually did happen to me, when I was briefly on Quora, because the idiot reporters then spammed my inbox telling me why they reported me at all.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

i think its sirnilar but at least we dont have to do captcha every tirne we answer a question

• 4 months ago

Quora has questions where people want to know the answers. Anything else gets deleted. Y!A is mostly gradeschoolers calling each other rude names.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

BEWARE

Yahoo does not have a contact number any ones posted are Scams do not phone them

Report them

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.