If I buy a Roku or similar type product can I really watch shows free? I am talking about shows from the 60's through the 80's.?

Along with Roku, I suggest digital rabbit ears or antennas then you can pick up me TV and Antenna TV watch a lot old school things.

You have to find a 60s 70s or 80s channel which is in the form of an app on the roku to add and install and subscribe to its service.

The Roku channel does have some shows (mind you, SOME, but not a lot of great ones) as well as a bunch of seemingly random movies so yes, you can with internet access... but it reminds me of the early days of Netflix streaming as there's not many "must see" shows or movies.

As others have said, you can download other apps on it (some of which cost money, some are free) to see more shows.

There may be a few free and/or ad-supported channels like Tubi TV, Sony Crackle, and Shout! Factory TV. Of course, you'll need Internet access.

• SRΛSC

None. That isn't what they are for. They are for accessing services that give you access to those shows, after subscribing.

Yes you can watch some streaming providers for free: CW, CBS online. But I get the best benefit from Netflix which is now costing about $11 per month. But all the movies and TV shows are free. And there are literally hundreds to watch.

NOTE: You need a streaming provider (ISP) for Roku to work.

• Yes you sure can

If you install a channel that provides them, yes. The Roku actually does very little by itself.