JAS asked in Consumer ElectronicsHome Theatre · 8 months ago

How do I tell if my blu ray is region free in Japanese?

I have bought and imported a game s soundtrack about a month ago, and it comes with an extra blu ray disc of a concert. I ve scanned over all the notes for the disc and cant seem to find anything that would indicate if the disc is region free

I live in Europe, so unlike America, our bluray players arent in the same region as Japan s. I m trying not to end up having to buy one of those multi-region players as they can be pretty expensive.

Of course any help is appreciated, thank you!

• Lance

About 35% of Blu ray disks are region free.So the odds are not in your favor. If its region free it usually will not be advertised that way. In fact some discs will say that they are region 1 compatible only; when in fact they turn out to be region free...If its a Sony manufactured Blu ray disk then more than likely it is not region free...Toshiba disks would be your best bet at a region free disk...also a Toshiba player is more likely to play it that a Sony player would.

Actually, region-free players Aren't expensive,

so refusing to buy one is more about being obstinate than about money.

One thing you didn't say was that you tried playing the disc in question.

TRY IT!

If it won't play, you just won't be able to watch it.

An out-of-region disc can't hurt anything.

If a disc won't work in your regular player, try a computer disc drive.

A region-2 disc I was given Will play in my supposedly region-1 laptop.