What US state has the most oppressive humidity in the summer?

Favorite Answer

Because almost all of Florida is near either the Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic Ocean it consistently has the highest humidity.

• TQ

Any US [sic] state bordering the Gulf of Mexico "has the most oppressive humidity in the summer."

Coastal South Carolina is a close second.

• Dirac

What's your evidence? My guess is that if you did an areal average of dewpoint, it would be lower in Texas than Louisiana, even though they both border the Gulf of Mexico.

I had to go to Houston/Galveston once. Midnight, 95 degrees and 98% humidity, you work up a sweat, wiping the sweat from your forehead, just downright nasty.

No state corners the market, but parts of a good number of states have some awful bad humidity.

Summer heat just makes it worse.

• Dirac

It was not 95 degrees and 98% humidity--that combination is EXTREMELY unlikely anywhere in the U.S.

FL ................

San Diego

Don't come here, you'll hate it!

Florida. I just checked the weather in a FL city I normally go to each winter, today its 80% humidity. I hear TX is pretty bad too.but today it's only 50%. South Carolina is also 80% today, Southern Calf's humility usually tops out around 65%, . Seems most of the southern east coast is a steam bath.

While looking through a few cities/states I noticed Arizona's temperature forecast's over 100 degrees each day, for the next 7 days, but only 8% humidity

• TQ

"Southern Calf's **humility** usually tops out around 65% ..." <silent tribute>