Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 5 months ago

Moving question.?

So I live in a very small town in Canada and I am saving up to move to a better place in Canada. Does anyone know any good places in Canada to live preferably a big area/city. Thanks!

Toronto is a good place, as you'll fit right in. Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa, maybe Quebec City or Montreal if you are bilingual with french. To be honest, you could also try another country, such as the states, Britan, etc if you are up for it. Other things to take into account are the housing markets of each city, what job are you going to take, and what are you looking for specifically in each city.

You surely move to where the WORK is - or nearby? I only have experience of living in and around Toronto and can recommend the North-West side of the City much as when I last looked, it's very built up there now compared to how it was when we left. Again when we were there, Toronto itself was a very clean and comparatively safe city. That too may have changed now. I don't do big cities usually but Toronto has some beautiful parks.

• Jay P

All cities have something to offer. A bigger question you should ask yourself is where do you see yourself and can you make a living with your current job skills. If you do not have any relevant occupation experience or training, I suggest you go to school first to gain that training. Housing in larger cities ( especially Toronto and Vancouver ) is expensive and working at a minimum wage job will make it far more difficult to get by.

Linked below is a quick overview of the cost-of-living in some major cities across Canada. It's a 3 year old list but it still gives you an idea of the cost differences.

Toronto would be the obvious choice.

There are many big areas in Canada, actually the whole Canada is made up of lots of really big areas.

There are only a few big cities in Canada. Maybe look at a map to find them or look at a list of cities.

Map:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kanada/

List of cities in Canada:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Ca...