Sam asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicLyrics · 5 months ago

I'm creating my own, original song. How do I know if i'm in tune?

I am sending my vocals off to a local recording studio to have my own song recorded. They are sending me a few sample beats and then i have to send back my vocals again "in tune" and "in time" with the beat I choose so they can finish mixing and mastering it. How do I know if i'm in tune with the beat??

• User

Try digital music aggregator software.

• Sparky

Block one ear and sing it.

If it sounds good in your head as well as what your other ear can hear, then it's good.

When you record your song, play it and listen to it. Cooks taste their cooking. Mechanics listen to the engine. You need to quality control your work too.

• Tony B

By “beat” do you mean musical backing?

If so then all you can do is listen to it and sing something that's in tune with it. That's probably not very helpful but really there's nothing else to it.

No offence but if you can't tell whether or not you're singing in tune I don't think it's a good idea to be thinking of recording a song.

Record yourself??

Sing to your neighbours dog, if it howls you stink.