Should I have my kids attend this free preschool?

I adopted my children through foster care and they because of that are eligible for a free government run preschool program for the next couple of years. The positives of this preschool are that it is free. They provide free food and overall it's a nice program. The downsides though are that the teachers are not allowed to give the children time outs or any sort of discipline. They just try to redirect which some may see as positive but my children push boundaries. The other downside is that a lot of children that attend this preschool are children like my own who have come from difficult backgrounds and other parents have told me that their kids have learned bad behaviors from attending there. The program is intended for children who struggle in life.

My worry with that is that my kids may pick up bad behaviors from some of the children. But it's free and overall a good program. Would you have your attend there if it was free? my other option is to pay around $380 a month for a nice private preschool. I know of one non denominational Christian preschool I was thinking where most of the children there have been raised to have good behavior.

It is Monday through Friday from 8:30-2:30

Favorite Answer

I would sit in on school sessions and make my own determination.

(Ignore Colly. She is, at best, insensitive.)

• GB

I didn't go to preschool and it did me no harm. You can teach discipline at home.

i would if you wanted to do that

You get what you pay for. I say no. Your fears are well sounded fears .

Children need discipline,

But you didn’t say how many hours a day or week though.

You know these schools I don’t so I can’t judge them to be good or bad for your children. This is a call you have to decise

just have children the normal way then u don’t have that problem