How do I fix my input sound setting on my computer?

I recently bought a new monitor and PC for gaming. The monitor has an audio in port, but so does the PC. The monitor audio is the only one that works, because when I plug in a device to the PC s audio in, the monitor s speakers are all I here. Does anyone know anything I can do to fix this on Windows 1?

EDIT: Windows 10 is the OS, not Windows 1

Right click the sound icon on the bottom right, click sound, click playback, disable your monitor audio and make sure the one you want is showing and set to default.

we dont know what you have got. a monitor with speakers, that is driven by a HDMI cable gets its sound through that. However if you connect it using a VGA cable then it wont be getting any sound signals. and therefore may provide a speaker INPUT to allow the monitors built in speakers to be operated from a PC's separate Speakers OUT so thats a separate audio cable pc to monitor. A pc does not always have any speakers of its own.

There are inputs on a PC, as well as outputs. There are only outputs on a monitor that has no speakers. That is for headphones or powered speakers. Some monitors with speakers also have audio out. I don't know why a monitor would have audio in unless it is old and has internal speakers.

You can use the input on a PC to record or amplify sound from some source. You can connected headphones or powered speakers to the output audio port.

You will not tell us what model monitor, or what model PC, or what cord or cords connect the two, so the above is all that can be guessed.

Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right, and click "Playback Devices" and switch (and set as default, then click apply) to the device that;s plugged in to the PC instead of the monitor which is what it's probably set as and

You can right click on the audio button in the bottom right of screen and select "troubleshoot sound problems" select the desktop audio and set it as default.

Or there could be software issues on the computer, you can return the computer to the store for warranty.