Yuo asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 5 months ago

Why am I bored by ballet?

I used to be big into ballet, and then kinda phased out of it by the end of high school. After my first year of college and some minor modern classes here and there I completely stopped dancing.

Over time I would dance with just myself, sometime choreographing little routines in my head. I felt like that meant I was itching to get back to dance. After a full year of break, I decided to take a class at my old studio, but I just felt over it the entire class. I immediately fell back into the rut I was in just a year before.

How do I get over this? Am I bettter finding some other hobby?

sounds like you still enjoy dancing, maybe try another style e.g- contemporary, lyrical, jazz, musical theatre

People change.

Usually, as you grow up you lose interest in things you used to love. You'll notice that with more things than just dance. But that's life. You grow up, you change, you like different stuff and you lose interest in things you could never imagine you would.

However, it could be more than just a loss of interest. Maybe your old studio isn't the right for you anymore?! When I changed dance studios, due to college, I saw a difference in my passion and excitement for dance.

Maybe you've just lost interest, but I think there may be a different reason. You said you returned to your old studio after year off and didn't enjoy it. You might want to try an entirely different ballet school. They don't all teach the same and all teachers are different. Perhaps a change would return to you the joy you once felt.

You need another hobby. If it's not for you, it's just not.

cause you probably just lost interest in it

Yes. I suggest you try making clay ashtrays, say.

Find something else to do.

To do ballet you have to have a passion for it.

• Joseph

It's boring, that's all. Unless you're a woman or a gay man there's nothing there of interest.