Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 6 months ago

Which language is more useful? Dutch or Polish?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Hmmm. Probably Polish. There are a LOT of fluent English-speaker in the Netherlands, but the proportion is much lower in Poland.

• 6 months ago

Well besides Polish sausage I don't have much use for anything Polish.

I am sure that in Poland Polish is very important.

Dutch is important in the Netherlands ,Belgium and as Afrikaans in South Africa and also in some parts of the Caribbean.

• 6 months ago

Presumably you have reasons for narrowing your choices down to these two languages, and only you can know what those reasons are.

Neither is particularly useful in the world in general, but if you're planning to take up German or Russian later on, then it could be helpful to have a prior knowledge of Dutch or Polish respectively.

But you might be better learning Spanish or Mandarin.

• John P
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Neither language is really a "world language" so the best thing to say is - learn the one of the country in Europe in which you might live or travel to. Polish would be useful in parts of Britain, we have a lot of recent Polish immigrants! But many of them are now going home because of Brexit.

• 6 months ago

If you know Dutch, you can manage in German (at least you make yourself understood in Germany). The rules of grammar and a large part of vocabulary are very close. Dutch is also close to Afrikaans (you never know the future !). What's more, Dutch is easier than Polish.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Depends on where and when

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Dutch is the more useful of the two.

Lv 6
    6 months ago

I would say Dutch.

• 6 months ago

Only the the languages we need personally.

• 6 months ago

Neither here.

• 6 months ago

neither tbh ............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.