Do you drink non-alcoholic beer?

If so, WHY?

Favorite Answer

I would if I found one that actually tasted like a nice beer.

Because i like/enjoy beer, but should reduce my alcohol intake.

No I’m not a complete lamefag

• David

No. If I don't want the alcohol I just drink something else like water or diet coke.

Non-alcoholic beer isn't beer.

• Dayton

very rarely - I like the taste of beer, but if I'm thirsty I usually just drink water if I want a cold drink.

LOL, absolutely NOBODY drinks beer just for the taste! They drink it for the alcohol!

"Good beer" is good if you only drink a couple. If you want to get drunk, as the old saying goes. "Taste doesn't matter after the first couple"

You are far better off ordering a Coke than a "near beer". Non-alcoholic beer just shouts to the world, "Look at me, I'm trying so hard to look cool, but I am failing miserably"

.

No, I don't drink non-alcoholic beer

I don't no. If I want beer I drink beer. If I want something non-alcoholic I have lemonade, Coke, still orange, bitter lemon, tonic or sometging.

• oikoσ

Sometimes. I brew my own for drinking from a glass or mug. If I want beer for a recipe such as boeuf carbonade, I may buy non-alcoholic beer because alcohol would boil off anyway and the other ingredients would mask the taste. As someone said during Prohibition, "Whoever named 'near beer' was a damned poor judge of distance."

I don't drink alcohol. Stopped it after I turned drinking age in 1972, because it doesn't even make me high .. it just gives me the dry heaves for hours.

And I don't like the taste of beer, so I don't drink non-alcoholic beer either.

But I would assume that people who DO drink no-alc.beer do so because they understand that alcohol produces irreversible liver and brain damage .. slowly and a bit at a time, but it is cumulative.

Or they wish to not make a fool of themselves around others.

Or they will be driving home.

One thing that being sensitive to alcohol has done for me .. it has given me no option BUT to learn how to be happy ... without relying on drugs to feel that way.

This is TRUE freedom and genuine happiness.